Get in touch
Frequently asked questions
What is Local Artisan?
We are an online marketplace for local creators to sell their New Zealand made products.
How does shipping work?
Shipping rates and zones vary depending on which Seller the product is from. Some Sellers ship across the globe and some are only within New Zealand.
When a product is purchased, shipping information is sent directly to the Artisan or Seller. The Seller will then fulfil the order directly. Local Artisan does not hold any stock. We are only the platform.
If you are purchasing multiple items from different sellers, you will be charged a shipping fee per seller as the items are coming from different places.
How do I become a seller?
Send us a message with links to your social media and/or website if you have one, so that we can review your products before inviting you to join as an Artisan. If you don't have an online prescence then you can email your product description and imagery to email@example.com
What do Sellers need to know?
- There are no listing fees or subscription fees for Sellers. Local Artisan takes a 9% fee (inclusive of credit card fees) on each sale.
- Sellers will have their own portal where they can log in to create or update products and see information about new orders.
- Sellers will fulfil their own orders.
- We require high quality imagery and a feature image for each product that may crop to a square.
- We encourage that sellers only list products that they may commit to selling in multiple quantities, rather than bespoke/one off pieces.